Rash of Stabbing Incidents Hit Worcester This Weekend
Monday, May 30, 2016
On Friday, evening May 27, Worcester Police responded to a report of a stabbing in the area of 766 Main Street. Upon the officers arrival they met with a 19-year-old male victim. The victim was conscious and alert. The victim stated that he was riding his bike south on Main Street when he felt pain to his back. The victim stated that he realized he had been stabbed in the back by an unknown suspect. The victim could not provide additional suspect information.
Witnesses at the scene provided conflicting information. Based on eye witness accounts it appears that the victim and suspect knew each other. The victim did receive a substantial wound and was transported to a local hospital where he had emergency surgery. The victim is in stable but serious condition.
Then on Saturday evening, Worcester police responded to Henchman Street for a report of an assault and battery involving a dangerous weapon. When arriving the Worcester Police interviewed a 38-year-old male victim.
The victim stated that he was cut but did not mention how it happened or who was responsible for the injury. The victim refused to cooperate with police. The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment. The injuries are non-life threatening.
Two More Incidents Early Sunday AM
Sunday morning at about 12:30 AM, Worcester Police responded to 30 Chandler Street, the BP Gas station, for a report of a fight with a dangerous weapon.
Police could not locate a victim. A witness was located and informed the officers that two males were fighting earlier but had recently left the scene. Officers searched the immediate area with negative results. Approximately 15 minutes later police received a call that a male was at Dunkin Donuts, located at 845 Main Street suffering from a laceration. Responding officers met with the 43-year-old male victim. The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment, his injuries are non-life threatening. The victim could not describe his assailant.
Police investigators are continuing to work on all four stabbing incidents. It appears that these incidents are not connected. Investigators believe that none of these incidents were random and that the victims knew their assailants. The victims were refusing to cooperate fully with police.
- NEW: Worcester Man Charged With Murder in Dec. 2 Murray Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 36-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 19-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing Death in Crystal Park
- Worcester Police Seeking Public Help in Identifying Suspect in KasBar Stabbing
- Leonardo Angiulo: Legal Lessons From The Salem State Stabbings
- Double Stabbings Highlight Traumatic Weekend on Shrewsbury Street
- Worcester Teenager Arrested in Connection With Fatal Murray Ave. Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Serious Penn Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Female Arrested, Charged in Double Stabbing
- Wandering, Lost 5-Year-Old Leads Police to Horror Murder and Stabbing in Grafton
- Worcester Man Arrested After Stabbing Male in Abdomen
- Worcester PD Investigating Wednesday Evening Stabbing on Pleasant Street
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester PD Release Surveillance Video of Heywood Street Stabbing Suspect
- Worcester Man Charged With Assault & Battery in Overnight Stabbing