Worcester Art Museum Names Weir Director of Education & Experience
Thursday, August 16, 2018
“Science agrees that we learn best when engaged both intellectually and emotionally with materials, ideas, and people. Throughout my career, I have committed myself to the work of strengthening museums' roles as public institutions. This commitment is bolstered by a fervent belief that education, art, and the humanities are mutually affirming sparks needed to foster interactive learning that inspires discourse and community. I have witnessed firsthand the incredible cultural assets of Worcester, and look forward to applying my experience in museum education toward the success of this great institution,” said Weir.
Weir will begin work at the Museum on October 22. She replaces Marcia Lagerwey, PhD, who is moving into a part-time role after more than 30 years in Education and Audience Engagement at WAM.
Weir comes to the Worcester Art Museum from The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine in New York City.
There, she most recently held the position of Director of Public Education and Visitor Services.
Weir received a Master of Science degree in Museum Education from Bank Street College of Education and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History from Hobart & William Smith Colleges. She also serves as a member of the Board of Trustees at the Cuttyhunk Historical Society and Museum of the Elizabeth Islands.
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Workshops For Kids During February Break
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Flora in Winter From January 28-31
- Worcester Arts Council Announces MCC Gold Star to N-CITE
- Worcester Art Museum to Bring Back “Free August” Program
- Worcester Art Museum Announces Cats-in-Residence Program
- 10 to Watch in 2016: Joe Bafaro Jr., Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum Set to Host Winter Classes
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Hassan Hajjaj: My Rock Stars Exhibition this Fall
- First U.S. Exhibition of Cyanotype to Be Held at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum to Trace Trajectory of Cyanotype in Major U.S. Exhibition
- Worcester Art Museum Medieval Holiday Celebration
- Worcester Art Museum Opening Exhibit Focused on Artist Emberley
- 50 People to Become US Citizens in Ceremony at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum Announces Newest Exhibit Titled “Exploring the Myths of James Dye”
- Worcester Art Museum Names Whitner Director of Curatorial Affairs
- Worcester Artist Barbato to Have Work Exhibited at Krikorian Gallery
- Old Sturbridge Village, Worcester Art Museum Win Publication Awards
- Worcester Art Museum to Offer Free Admission in August
- Worcester Art Museum Names Bafaro Jr. President of Board
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Interactive Public Art Performance Titled “Organic Concept”
- Worcester Art Museum Names Gibbs President of Board of Trustees
- 50 Central MA Residents to Become US Citizens in Ceremony at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Four Major Exhibitions Starting in May
- Worcester Art Museum Names Earley Director of Advancement