Worcester Chamber Music Society to Celebrate Neighborhood Strings With a Fiesta
Sunday, May 07, 2017
Neighborhood Strings is a free inner-city strings program for ages 8 to 15 years old.
The Fundraiser will take place on Friday, June 2 at 5:30 p.m. at Tilton Hall at Clark University.
Fiesta! features performances by WCMS musicians and Neighborhood Strings youth.
Keynote speaker Rodrigo Guerrero, formally of El Sistema, Venezuela, and current Program Director of the Massachusetts Cultural Council’s community music program SerHacer.
Latino-themed dinner, cash bar, Music and Community awards presentation, live and on-line action, and more!
The FIESTA! online auction opens May 25, 2017.
For more information, click here.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to This Spring in New England - 2018
One of the best parts about Spring and Summer is the return of Waterfire
Providence WaterFire has grown to be an iconic Rhode Island event. Starting out in 1994 to celebrate it has grown to run continuously, once a month, from May-November and boasts over 80 blazing fires in the middle of the Providence River.
Playing Golf at Harbor Lights
Tee it up at Harbor Lights Country Club and dive right into golf season.
The Spring is a great time to get warmed up and get some swings in before the heart of the season hits in the summer.
Enjoy being back out on the course. Save the super serious golf for the summer.
Lower Heating Bills
As winter will come to a close New Englanders could look forward to spending less money on heating bills.
Although the bitter cold is hitting New England hard, and also therefore hitting their wallets hard, this brutal cold streak will soon come to an end and we'll be able to turn down our thermostats save some cash.
photo credit: Images Money/Flickr
Get your rods and reels ready because with the approach of warmer weather comes the return of fishing seasons. While some New England states allow for fishing year round, many New England states have opening days for trout fishing that begin in early April. Although there is still a plentiful amount of snow on the ground, fishing season is right around the corner.
photo credit: Grand River Conservation Authority/Flickr
Bicycling on the Central Mass Rail Trail
Once the streets are clear of ice and snow and the temperatures rise, one of the most fun things to do in New England is to jump on a bike and go for a nice long ride. There are plenty of bike paths to explore at your leisure, and many cities like Providence, Boston, and Worcester are beginning to make city streets much more bike friendly.
The Volvo Ocean Race is a 45,000 nautical mile sailing race that takes its teams around the world, across four oceans, touching six continents and 12 Host Cities.
The Volvo Ocean Race Newport Stopover will be a chance for visitors to view the world’s top sailors and race boats during the 12-day event in Newport.
The Newport Stopover will take place from May 8 to the 20.
Walking the Newport Cliff Walk
The Cliff Walk is one of Newport’s most famous attractions is its gilded age mansions lining the coast. Entry to the mansions will cost a fee, but with the Cliff Walk, you can enjoy views of the mansions with amazing views of the water all for free.
The 3.5 mile long path runs behind the mansions on the eastern shore of Newport. It is a National Recreation Trail – the first in New England! The majority of the walk is easy, but be sure to wear good shoes; the sand can make the path slippery.
Outdoor Dining at Boat House Restaurant in Newport
Newport Restaurant Group made this a must-visit spot several years ago and now the expected accolades have followed.
The views of Mount Hope Bay are unparalleled.
Enjoy a nice glass of wine with some lobster fritters that had sweet corn and a chipotle mayo and followed that with pan-roasted George’s Bank scallops with a delightful spring pea risotto, pea greens from Allen Farm and a citrus emulsion.
Spring Vacation on Block Island
Get away from the hustle and bustle of the world and take a spring vacation to Block Island and enjoy all they have to offer.
Maybe a spa? a swim? Some shopping? there are plenty of options.
If Block Island doesn't do it for you, Newport is also a great place to take a break.
Or maybe do both.
Visiting Arcadia National Park in Maine
People have been drawn to the rugged coast of Maine throughout history. Awed by its beauty and diversity, early 20th-century visionaries donated the land that became Acadia National Park.
The park is home to many plants and animals, and the tallest mountain on the U.S. Atlantic coast.
Visit Acadia and hike granite peaks, bike historic carriage roads, or relax and enjoy the scenery.
The 7th annual Newport Craft Beer Festival is set for Friday, April 27 and Saturday, April 28 at Newport Storm Brewery.
The event will bring in brewers from as far away as California and as close as Newport.
It is a 21+ celebration.
- Worcester Chamber Music Society Receives $5000 Grant to Benefit Urban Youth
- Worcester Chamber Music Society Announces Season 9
- Worcester Chamber of Commerce Supports Extension of Transportation Bill
- PowerPlayer: Tim Murray, President and CEO of Worcester Chamber of Commerce
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Celebrate 10th Anniversary
- Worcester Chamber Music Society Festival to Present “A Quartet of Nations”
- Worcester Chamber Gets Behind Local Manufacturing
- Worcester Chamber Kicks off Minority-Owned Business Roundtable
- Worcester Chamber Announces Support for Housing Incentive Program
- NEW: Worcester Chamber CEO Murray To Get Lifetime Champion Award
- NEW: Worcester Chamber to Host Business After Hours at EcoTarium
- Worcester Chamber Music Receives $15K from Mass Music Initiative
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Host “Feed Your Soul” in November
- MA Business Alliance for Education & Worcester Chamber of Commerce Team up on Education
- Worcester Chamber to Highlight Progress of Entrepreneurs During Demo Night
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Play Music of Beethoven in Two Concerts
- Worcester Chamber to Discuss Repeal of Obamacare at Business & Politics Forum
- Worcester Chamber to Host 2017 Career Fair at Worcester State
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Host Cafe Concert
- Worcester Chamber Promotes Three, Adds Business Development Professional
- The Hanover President Eppinger to be Honored by Worcester Chamber
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Celebrate Music Connected to Worcester
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Worcester Chamber to Announce Winners of StartUp Worcester 2017