MERGE for Equality to Host Healthy Men & Boys Summit on June 15 at Clark U
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
MERGE for Equality will host its 3rd Annual Healthy Men and boys Summit at Clark University on June 15. The event is designed to connect and inspire professionals, community leaders and activist who are committed to developing healthy men and boys, preventing violence and advancing gender equality.
“Much of the essential work in gender equality and violence prevention focuses on the empowerment of women and the victims of violence. Another important part of the equality and violence prevention formula includes the development of healthy boys and men and their relationship to what it means to be masculine. The work of MERGE for Equality is a significant part of facilitating these important conversations and efforts and I am proud to support them as a member of the Board of Directors,” stated Joseph Ianelli, Administrative Director of Patient Financial Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, a founding member of Partners HealthCare and a key Summit Sponsor.
The event is anticipating 200 participants from 100 organizations and communities from Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
The keynote address will be offered by Jeff Perera, a storyteller and advocate for healthier ideas of masculinity who has spoken to tens of thousands of men and boys across Canada and beyond on how they can strive to be role models of change.
Other event highlights include a reading and talk-back by Dwayne Betts, the author of 3 books and a member of the Coordinating Council on Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, as appointed by President Obama in 2012.
Lastly the summit will make the release of the MERGE Conversation Guide, a tool for expanding the conversation about gender equality.
- Worcester’s Dawn Clark To Be Honored As an Unsung Heroine
- Clark Names Jeffrey Gillooly as the Vice President for University Advancement
- Clark University Ranked as Top 20 Entrepreneurial University in Country
- Clark Names Climate Expert Carr New Department Director
- Clark University to Host Robert Moses as Part of President’s Lecture Series
- Clark University to Break Ground on Alumni and Student Center
- Clark University to Hold Book and Author Dinner
- Clark and WPI Pay 5 Times More to Worcester than Holy Cross and UMass Medical
- Lenny Clarke and Steve Sweeney to Headline Comedy Fest in Worcester
- Clark University to Host MLK Day Discussion Panel
- Clark University to Hold First Annual Week of Happiness
- Clark University Launches Gluten-Free Dining Station
- Former Clark U. President Bassett Honored by Worcester Education Collaborative
- Clark U. Ranked as One of Top Peace Corps Producing Schools in Country
- Clark U. Ranked Among Schools That Give Students “Best Bang for Buck”
- New York Times Bestseller, Naomi Klein, to Speak at Clark U.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
- Clark University and Councilman King Celebrate Youth Worker Training Institute 2016 Graduation
- Clark U. Professor Guides Parents of Gay/Lesbian Children in New Book
- Clark University Buildings Being Heated by Waste Vegetable Oil
- Sen. Moore Holds Discussion on Higher Education With Clark U. Students
- Clark U. to Host Screening of Domingo Guyton’s “Footprints in the Concrete”
- “Moral Injuries of War” Lecture to be Held at Clark U.
- Clark Explores the Relationship Between Worcester’s U.S. and Foreign Born Residents
- Clark U. Professor Ross to Host Lecture on The Horrors of Sweatshops