51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
Friday, April 29, 2016
The suspicious person was identified as Mark Gentile, 55, of Worcester. Gentile was charged with disturbing the peace and trespassing as well as trafficking in class D substance between 50-99 pounds.
Worcester Police were checking on an open door to a vacant house on 487 Granite Street at approximately 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday when the officers were approached by two citizens complaining of a suspicious male in their yard.
The second citizen stated that they yelled out to the male to leave their property but the male then became vulgar and threatened him.
Officers proceeded to search the wooded area near route 20 and could hear someone in the woods. As police searched further, they came across a male crouching behind two suit cases, manipulating the contents in one of them.
One officer yelled to the man to show his hands and to walk towards him. The man walked towards the officer but did not show his hands, placing them in his pants pocket. The officer then fears that the male might have a weapon and displayed his taser and instructed the man to show his hands once again. The man complied.
As the man approached, he began to yell loudly at the officer, causing traffic on Rt. 20 to slow down to a crawl.
When officers asked Gentile if he owned the suitcases, he stated that he did not. Upon the officers searching him, small pieces of marijuana fell out of his pockets.
Gentile was removed from the scene and officers went back to the suitcases.
The first suitcase was partially open and the officers could detect a strong odor of marijuana. Officers observed multiple individual wrapped bags of marijuana inside the suitcase. Next to the two suitcases was another duffle bag, also with a strong odor of marijuana.
The total amount of recovered marijuana was approximately 51 pounds.
Gentile was arraigned on Thursday at the Worcester County District Courthouse.
- Worcester Police Investigating Home Invasion on Scott Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Serious Penn Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Hit & Run on Belmont Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chester Street Home
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Female Pizza Delivery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery at O’Hara’s Liquors
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 36-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery at Lincoln Dollar Store
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 19-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of 37-Year-Old Male Taxi Driver
- Worcester Police Arrest 6 on Drug Related Charges
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- Traffic Stop Leads Worcester Police to Firearm Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street
- Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted