McGovern Announces He Will No Longer Accept Corporate PAC Money
Monday, February 04, 2019
“Our democracy is in trouble. Wealthy insiders and powerful special interests are using their access and influence to stack the deck for themselves. This isn’t the system our founders envisioned. And it’s not what the people of Massachusetts' Second District want. I’m proud to join the 50 other Members of Congress who have made this decision. I look forward to continuing the fight to get big money out of politics and restore power back to the American people – where it belongs,” said McGovern.
McGovern made the announcement at the World War II Club in Northampton during a town hall alongside the President of End Citizens.
“Throughout his career, Congressman McGovern has been a fierce advocate for reforming the rigged system and making government work for the people. By rejecting corporate PAC money, he’s proving that he’s only accountable to Massachusetts families, not corporate special interests with business before Congress. End Citizens United thanks Rep. McGovern for his leadership, and we’re proud to stand with him in the fight to take back our democracy from the grips of special interests,” said End Citizens United President Tiffany Muller.
End Citizens is a group dedicated to “getting big money out of politics, electing reform champions, and fixing the rigged system in Washington so it works for all Americans.”
- McGovern, 75 House Dems Introduce Censure Resolution Against Trump
- McGovern Visits Worcester Regional Airport to Celebrate 20,000th Charter Flight
- McGovern Kicks Off 7th Annual MA Farm Tour
- McGovern Presents Medals to Leominster Veterans & Military Families
- McGovern Blasts Trump for Decertifying the Iran Deal
- McGovern Celebrates Installation of New Bike Exhibit in Worcester
- McGovern Calls Trump’s Proposed Budget “Heartless”
- McGovern Says Passing Trumpcare “Requires Heart of Stone”
- Congressman McGovern Slams Republican Party Over Latest Shutdown Threat
- McGovern Calls GOP Healthcare Bill Process a “Goddamn Mess”
- McGovern, Congress Members Demand Answers on Health of Narragansett Bay
- McGovern Leads 43-Mile Hunger March Across Western MA
- McGovern Calls Trump’s Withdrawal from Iran Deal “Reckless & Dangerous”
- McGovern Blasts Republicans for Proposed Balanced Budget Amendment
- McGovern Names Bonaccorsi Communications Director
- Holy Cross Football to Induct Bill & Rob McGovern Into Legends Ring Of Honor
- McGovern Announces Congressional App Challenge Winners
- McGovern Blasts GOP Over Lack of Gun Safety Legislation