YMCA Launches Nationwide Zoe’s Kids Day Out Initiative on Election Day
Monday, October 31, 2016
“Election Day is arguably one of the most important days in the U.S. this year — the ultimate opportunity for Americans to make their voices heard through the democratic process. Unfortunately, many people who want to vote find it challenging because they have to take children with them. The Y’s hope is that Zoe’s Kids Day Out initiative enables those parents and caregivers to exercise their right to vote, and ensures children can spend their time in a safe, nurturing environment,” said Kevin Washington, President and CEO, YMCA of the USA.
Ys around the country are participating in Zoe’s Kids Day Out initiative. Services vary in each community. To learn what services are available locally on Election Day, click here.
Zoe’s Kids Day Out
Zoe’s Kids Day Out is an extension of Zoe for President, an initiative to elect a one-year-old girl as the President of the United States in 2064.
The campaign highlights the potential the Y sees in kids to grow up and make a difference in the world if they are taught properly and supported.
Zoe’s Kids Day Out initiative is part of Zoe’s larger campaign to “Rattle the Vote,” and encourage voter participation.
Related Slideshow: Top Massachusetts Non-Profit - 2015
- YMCA’s EX4ALL Program a Rousing Success in Central Mass
- YMCA of Central Massachusetts to Send Teens to Festival in Prague
- ‘Evening of Inspiration’ To Benefit YMCA’s LIVESTRONG Program
- Athol YMCA To Bring After School Programs to Quabbin Students
- YMCA Helps Cancer Survivors Reach their Holistic Health Goals
- Ocean House Gala for Ocean Community YMCA
- YMCA Keeps Kids Safe in the Water
- YMCA Summer Lunch Program Gets Boost from Walmart
- YMCA Hosting Spinathon in Central MA to Benefit LIVESTRONG Program
- YMCA of Central MA to Celebrate 150th Anniversary
- YMCA of Central Mass Receives Grant to Help Boost Local Workforce Skills
- The Boroughs YMCA of Central MA Branch Hosts a “Baby Shower” for Infants and Children
- YMCA Greendale Family Branch Announces Grand Opening of New Splash Pad
- YMCA of Central Mass Set to Celebrate 152nd “Recognition” Event Today
- YMCA of Central MA Set to Expand Greendale Family Branch
- Patriot’s Wilfork to Visit The YMCA of Central Mass
- YMCA of MA Getting Children Ready for Safe Swimming Season
- YMCA of Central Massachusetts Opens in Leominster - 5th Branch
- YMCA of Central MA & St Vincent Hospital Hosts “Celebrating Survivorship”