YMCA of Central Mass Receives Grant to Help Boost Local Workforce Skills
Thursday, May 12, 2016
“With support from Bank of America, the YMCA of Central Massachusetts is nurturing the potential of youth through initiatives like the Minority Achievers Programs, Youth & Government, Spartacus and Y-Fit. Through their investment, we will deepen our impact in the 57 communities in the heart of the Commonwealth," said Kathryn Zingg Hunter, President/CEO, YMCA of Central Massachusetts.
Bank of America has provided financial support for YMCA programming for more than 15 years.
Bank of America Grants
Bank of America announced on Wednesday that $63,000 in grants will be distributed to nine nonprofits working to increase educational and workforce development opportunities in Worcester.
“Investing in our workforce is one of the ways we are addressing issues fundamentally connected to economic mobility. We’re proud to partner with nonprofit organizations from across the state that are helping to build a more sustainable community,” said Ed Shea, Worcester market president, Bank of America.
The nonprofits that are receiving support focus on connecting youth and adults, including the unemployed and underserved, to workforce opportunities and education and skills-building. The funding will help individuals living in low income neighborhoods who are impacted by unemployment and other barriers to participation in the workforce.
The other organizations receiving grants are:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Mass Metrowest
- Bottom Line
- Girls Incorporated of Worcester
- LUK Crisis Center
- New Garden Park, Inc.
- Seven Hills Foundation
- Worcester Community Action Council
- Worcester Youth Center
The grants are part of Bank of America's commitment to responsible growth as it works to improve the financial lives of individuals and families in Worcester.
Bank of America
At Bank of America, corporate social responsibility (CSR) is critical to fulfilling our core purpose of making people’s financial lives better. A commitment to growing our business responsibly is embedded in every aspect of our company, from our policies and practices to our services, products, governance and employee benefits.
Related Slideshow: Top Massachusetts Non-Profit - 2015
- Sturbridge, Northbridge Receive $872,100 in Fire Grants from FEMA
- NEW: 2 Worcester Agencies Awarded MA Medical Society Grants
- Giorgio: Impeachment, Immigrants and Sarah Palin
- Poor English Skills Holding Back Immigrants in Worcester
- Health Foundation Announces Five Central MA Activation Fund Grants
- Worcester Awarded Nearly $450K in Workforce Training Fund Grants
- Reliant Med. Group Foundation Grants Central MA Orgs Nearly $70K
- MGCC Awards Small Business Assistance Grants to 4 Central MA Orgs
- United Way of Central MA Awards Nearly $50K in Fuller Grants
- NEW: MA Grants Worcester $240,500 to Help Employ Homeless
- Clark University Physics Professor Attracting Major Grants
- BBB Warns Consumers of Fake Federal Government Grants
- Worcester Division of Public Health Receives $145,000 in Grants
- Where Do U.S. Tourists and Immigrants Come From?
- Mass Life Science Center to Announce Grants for Schools in Central MA
- Angiulo: Taking Immigrants Into Custody
- Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare Awards 18 MA Nonprofits With Grants
- Two Worcester Locations Awarded Grants for Affordable Housing Construction
- Six Worcester Non-Profits Receive Mini-Grants from Harvard Pilgrim
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Foundation Awards Grants To Worcester Organizations
- Central MA Health Foundation Accepting Applications for Grants
- #25 to #1: The States With the Highest Amount of Illegal Immigrants Per Capita
- Illegal Immigrants in MA to Benefit from Obama’s Immigration Plan
- JFK Library to Host Naturalization Ceremony for 200 Immigrants on Tuesday
- States With the Most Undocumented Immigrants
- Athol YMCA To Bring After School Programs to Quabbin Students
- YMCA’s EX4ALL Program a Rousing Success in Central Mass
- YMCA Helps Cancer Survivors Reach their Holistic Health Goals
- YMCA Summer Lunch Program Gets Boost from Walmart
- Ocean House Gala for Ocean Community YMCA
- YMCA Keeps Kids Safe in the Water
- YMCA of Central Massachusetts to Send Teens to Festival in Prague
- ‘Evening of Inspiration’ To Benefit YMCA’s LIVESTRONG Program
- YMCA of Central Massachusetts Opens in Leominster - 5th Branch
- YMCA of Central MA Set to Expand Greendale Family Branch
- YMCA of MA Getting Children Ready for Safe Swimming Season
- Patriot’s Wilfork to Visit The YMCA of Central Mass
- YMCA Hosting Spinathon in Central MA to Benefit LIVESTRONG Program
- YMCA of Central MA to Celebrate 150th Anniversary
- YMCA of Central Mass Set to Celebrate 152nd “Recognition” Event Today