video: Revolution Beat Toronto FC 2-1 in Final Minutes
Sunday, September 24, 2017
The win comes just days after the Revolution fired head coach Jay Heaps and named Tom Soehn the interim coach.
“There’s still a lot of emotion, like something missing when we go in the locker room to celebrate a win and Jay [Heaps] is not here. We’re still really tight as a staff, but pulling them together on the field and kind of living off that moment, which is a great moment. You look at a million jobs in the world. You don’t get too many highs like that when you pull out a result like that, especially at the time where we needed it," said Soehn.
The Revs are now 11-14-5 on the season and in 8th place in the Eastern Conference.
Revolution Edge Toronto
New England’s Lee Nguyen broke a scoreless tie in the 82nd minute with the 50th goal of his MLS career to put the Revolution up 1-0.
Nguyen is the second player in team history to score 50 goals.
"I think it’s not easy to get 50 goals, let alone 50 goals with one club so yeah, it’s a big honor. I might reflect on it after the season. I feel like it’s going to be something to look back on and be like, “Wow!” But this is the one where you got to take it and then move on because we got a quick turnaround on Wednesday, so I got to enjoy tonight, but then get ready again," said Nguyen after the game.
Two minutes later Toronto FC defender Nicolas Hasler tied it at 1, but Revolution forward Kei Kamara responded with the game-winning goal in the 87th minute.
“They say Kei can jump, so put it up in the air and I was able to get it. I always wait for that, I always say the same thing, but it was good. Chris [Tierney] recognized at that point in the game what we can do is just put it in the box and I just got lucky—right place at the right time again," said Kamara after the game.
The Revs would hold on in the final minutes to win 2-1.
The Revolution return to action on Wednesday, September 27 when they visit Orlando City SC.
Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.
- Revolution Shut Out 1st Place Toronto FC 3-0
- Revolution Score Late to Tie New York FC 2-2
- Revolution Lose 1st Home Game of Season, Fall 2-1 to Chicago
- Revolution Fall 2-0 to First Place Toronto
- Revolution Edge D.C. United 2-1 to Advance to U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal
- Caldwell’s Goal Helps Revolution Blank Real Salt Lake 4-0
- Revolution Players to Serve Dinner to Homeless Veterans Tonight
- Fit For Life: What we Can Learn From the New England Revolution
- Revolution get Shut Out by Union 4-0 at Gillette
- Revolution Fall 4-2 in US Open Cup Final
- Revolution Shut Out by Philadelphia 3-0
- Red Bulls Score in 90th Minute to Beat Revolution 3-2
- Revolution Fall 1-0 to D.C. United
- Bunbury’s Goal Lifts Revolution to 1-0 Win Over Vancouver
- Nguyen’s Goal Lifts Revolution Over Montreal 1-0
- Revolution Fall 7-0 to Atlanta, Remain Winless on Road
- Revolution Fall 4-1 to Chicago Fire
- Kamara’s 2 Goals Lift Revolution Past Philadelphia 3-0
- Revolution Fall to Red Bulls 1-0, Eliminated from U.S. Open Cup
- Old Sturbridge Village Set for Revolutionary War Reenactment
- Bunbury’s 2 Goals Lift Revolution Over Galaxy 4-3