Revs Play to 1-1 Draw With Portland Timbers
Sunday, September 02, 2018
“To be honest with you, I thought we were in control. It was defending a set piece and there’s not a lot much more to say about it. They didn’t have a lot of chances to score in the game. Another goalkeeping mistake and another mistake on a marking assignment. Simple,” said Revolution head coach Brad Friedel after the game.
The draw moves the Revs to 7-10-9 on the season, while Portland moves to 11-7-8 overall.
Revs Tie Portland
New England got on the board first when midfield Scott Caldwell gave the Revolution a 1-0 lead in the 58th minute.
The goal was his first since May 13, 2017, when he scored in a 4-0 win against Real Salt Lake.
However, Portland would tie the game in the 70th minute when Lawrence Olum found the back of the net.
The Revs return to action on Wednesday, September 5 when they face New York City FC at Yankee Stadium.
Game time is set for 7 p.m.
- Revolution Blank Houston 2-0
- Revolution, New York City FC Play to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Fall 1-0 to FC Dallas
- Revolution, Columbus Crew Play to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Fall to Montreal 4-2
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia 2-0 in Season Opener
- Revolution Name Friedel New Head Coach
- Revolution Fall 3-1 to Sporting KC, Remain Winless on Road
- Revolution Beat Toronto FC 2-1 in Final Minutes
- Blackstone Valley Tech to Host Screening of Documentary on Gender Revolution
- Revolution Hold Off Toronto FC 3-2
- Revolution Fall to Columbus 1-0
- Revolution Play Seattle to 0-0 Draw
- Revolution Edge D.C. United 3-2
- Revolution Fall to Red Bulls 2-0
- Revolution Can’t Hold 2-0 Lead, Play Orlando City to 3-3 Draw
- Revolution’s Rally Falls Short, Lose to Philadelphia 3-2
- Revolution Play San Jose to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Fall to Orlando City FC 6-1
- Revolution Play Chicago Fire to 1-1 Draw
- Revolution Play to 3-3 Draw With Vancouver
- Bunbury’s Penalty Kick Gives Revolution 1-1 Tie With Atlanta United
- Revolution Coach Friedel to be Inducted Into National Soccer Hall of Fame
- Bunbury Scores 8th Goal of Season, Revolution Rally to Beat Red Bulls 2-1
- Caldwell Issued Red Card, Revolution Fall to D.C. United 2-0