ArtsWorcester Kicks off September Gallery Openings With 2 Exhibitons
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
At the Aurora Building on 660 Main Street, Material Needs showcases the work of 11 artists all of whom received an ArtsWorcester Material Need Grant fro the supplies needed to make new art. The exhibit runs through September 30.
Material Needs is a group exhibit of work by Zia Ayub, Crystal Blanchflower, Keenan Cassidy, Pam Farren, Clifton Hunt, Philip Marshall, Jane McKeag-McNeil, Eric Nichols, Stacey Parker, Robin Reynolds, and Corinne Rhodes.
At the Hadley Building located on 657 Main Street, The Pace of Nature is a series of mixed media painting by Allison Coehlo Picone. That exhibit is on display through December 21, closed through the holidays, and runs again starting on January 5 and going through January 27 of 2017.
In The Pace of Nature, Picone works to unite aesthetics, science, and spirituality. She is influenced by artists who take on light as a subject of inquiry itself, such as Turner and Monet. Picone starts by collaging water- and digitally-manipulated photos onto a canvas, and then applies acrylic paint, pencil and ink to elucidate the underlying image.
Free parking is available in the lots belonging to the Freemasons, at Ionic and Beacon Street. Both the artists' receptions and gallery hours are free and open to the public.
- Worcester Economy Index Posts 2.9% Increase in 2nd Quarter
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Man Arrested After Assaulting Apartment Residents With Knife
- Smart Benefits: Form 5500 Changes Proposed
- Female CEOs Earn Much Less Than Their Male Counterparts
- Smart Benefits: Time to Review Premium Tax Credit Payments
- Worcester Restaurant Week Set to Start on Monday
- Smart Benefits: Temporary Penalty Relief for Employers
- Inside the Numbers: Martellus Bennett & Rob Gronkowski
- Worcester is Pretty Smart or At Least Educated
- Worcester Man Arrested Possession of Cocaine Following Raid of his Paine Street Apartment
- Old Sturbridge Village to Hold Textile Weekend Starting August 20
- Bravehearts Can’t Hold 7-3 Lead, Lose Game One 9-8 in Extra Innings
- ArtsWorcester to Honor Stephen DiRado on September 9
- Smart Benefits: Upcoming OSHA Rule Changes
- Central Italy Earthquake Kills At Least 38 People
- Smart Benefits: New ACA Reporting Draft Forms & Instructions Released
- 9 People Robbed Inside Worcester Apartment
- Monfredo: Later Starting Time Equals Better Attendance & Student Achievement
- stART on Three Stages and Begins August 20
- Bravehearts Get Swept in FCBL Championship Series
- Fit For Life: Winning Starts – Today
- College Admissions: 6 Things To Do Before School Starts
- EverPresent Teams With Gastonart & Frame to Bring Family Memories to Worcester
- MA Democrats Support Public Charter Schools, Says New Poll