Worcester Police Officer Daige Honored by Red Sox for Pan Mass Challenge Effort
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Daige was specifically honored in the middle of the 4th inning while standing on top of the Red Sox dugout.
Prior to the game, cyclists rode their bikes around the field to the Red Sox dugout where they lined up to watch the first pitch.
Daige is a sergeant in the Massachusetts Army reserve and served two tours in the Iraq War before joining the Worcester Police Department in 2006.
He has fought three difference cancers and has undergone six surgeries and is now approaching his two year anniversary of being cancer free.
With the Worcester Police, Daige has helped organize a group of riders called the "Thin Blue Ride."
The team of officers is preparing to joing almost 6,000 cyclists taking part in the Pan Mass Challenge, an annual bike-a-thon across the state which raises money for life saving cancer research and treatment.
Over the past 35 years, cyclists have raised and contributed $455 million to cancer research.
To donate to Daige's Pan Mass ride, click here.
- Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Traffic Stop Leads Worcester Police to Firearm Arrest
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- Worcester Police Investigating Hit & Run on Belmont Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chester Street Home
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Arrest 6 on Drug Related Charges
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help