Fecteau: Trump’s Terrifyingly Twisted Tweets
Monday, March 06, 2017
I used to think this was a brilliant diversion so people would stop talking about his connections with Russia. No one can be certain, though – that is especially scary. Trump’s latest rant on Twitter about how President Barack Obama allegedly wiretapped his communications will be, once again, disproved (though no evidence has even been presented). This is just the latest evidence something is very wrong with our president.
No one is sure where this latest accusation is coming from, nor knows the context. That is what we expect from Mr. Trump; the embracement of deranged conspiracy regurgitated from bogus websites such as Breitbart News. No thought involved, no methodical research, critical analysis or carefully calibrated language. Trump just posts nonsense and looks to his surrogates to jump through hoops to justify it.
To some of Trump’s supporters, this will not be an issue. To these specific supporters, Trump’s bogus claims are taken at face value. If Mr. Trump told them in a tweet, Elvis and Tupac are living happily in Cuba, and aliens abducted the Lindbergh baby, some in the Trump circle would believe it. Trump is a demagogue who takes advantage of the ignorance of people. He has done this his entire career, but with social media, the entire world can see just how foolish America is for electing this individual – no filter.
Trump is the president of the United States. Everything he says and does have grave implications. Trump has now taken the office of the president to a new level of lunacy with his ridiculous tweets. He tweets something, with no background, no evidence, and the world watches with anxiety (perhaps some nausea?). Mr. Trump has great power but wields that power with the sophistication of a sadistic schoolyard bully (through Twitter no less!).
Mr. Trump, time to put Twitter away— this is not some sick reality television show.
Related Slideshow: Trump Inauguration
- Fecteau: Abolish the Electoral College
- Fecteau: Clinton Should Participate in a Recount
- Fecteau: Trump’s Big Business Boondoggle
- Fecteau: Still Hungover From Iraq
- Congress Must Investigate Russian Hacking, Matt Fecteau, MINDSETTER™
- Cuba After Castro, MINDSETTER™ Matt Fecteau
- Fecteau: The Futile Anti-Trump Protests
- Fecteau: Trump’s Reckoning
- Fecteau: Democrats’ Dystopia
- Fecteau: After Mosul
- Fecteau: Trump As President
- Fecteau: Trump’s Success Comes With Strings
- Fecteau: Trump’s a Nuclear Nihilist
- Fecteau: Reconsider the Ban on Syrian Refugees
- Fecteau: Trump’s Border Wall is a Red Herring
- Fecteau: President Trump, Don’t Touch Dodd-Frank!
- Fecteau: What is Going on Between Trump and Russia?
- Fecteau: Chafee’s Wrong on Russia
- Fecteau: Let’s March Towards the Voting Booth Too
- Fecteau: Stop This Frivolous War on Obamacare
- Fecteau: Obama Made the Right Call on the Israeli Settlements
- Fecteau: Obama Strikes Back, but Too Little, too Late?
- Fecteau: Inside Trump’s Grand Russian Strategy
- Fecteau: Obama’s Enduring Legacy
- Fecteau: Dire Choices on Syria