Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Boston's Isaiah Thomas had a chance to win the game with less than two seconds left, but his contested three missed the mark.
The series is now tied at three, with game seven set for Monday at TD Garden.
The home team has won every game of the series so far.
Celtics Can't Hold on
Five straight points by Thomas gave the Celtics an 87-82 lead with 1:34 to play before the Wizards would close the game on a 10-4 run.
Bradley Beal, who led Washington with 33 points, knocked down a three to cut Boston's lead to two, 87-85, with 1:08 to play in the game.
Wall would tie the game on two free throws, before the Celtics would reclaim the lead, 89-87, on a jumper from Avery Bradley with 39 seconds left.
Washington would once again tie it up at 89 on a layup by Beal with 28 seconds to play.
Boston's Al Horford knock down what looked to be a potential game winner with 7 seconds to play to give the Celtics an 91-89 lead.
However, Wall's heroics would give the Wizards the win and send the series to a do or die game seven.
- Celtics’ Crowder Has One of Most Team Friendly Contracts in NBA
- Celtics Sign Al Horford to 4-Year Deal
- Celtics Set to Face Cleveland in Battle for Eastern Conference’s Top Seed
- Celtics Blown Out by Cleveland 114-91, Fall Out of 1st Place
- Thomas is a Game Time Decision as Celtics Open NBA Playoffs Against Chicago
- Celtics Add 6 Players in 2016 NBA Draft
- NEW: Boston Celtics Select Jaylen Brown With 3rd Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Extend Contracts of Both Danny Ainge & Brad Stevens
- The Boston Celtics & The 2016 NBA Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Guerschon Yabusele With the 16th Pick in the Draft
- NEW: Celtics Select Ante Zizic With the 23rd Pick in the NBA Draft
- Celtics Star Thomas’ Sister Killed in Car Accident in Tacoma, Washington
- Thomas Scores 33 Points But Celtics Lose Game 1 to Bulls 106-102
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Celtics Fall to Bulls 111-97 in Game 2, Trail Series 2-0
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards