Condit: Auditions at The Hanover Theatre for A Christmas Carol and The Nutcracker
Tuesday, September 01, 2015
The Hanover Theatre is conducting auditions for A Christmas Carol, generously sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts on Sunday, September 13, from 12pm – 8pm. Troy Siebel’s adaptation of this classic Dickens tale is New England’s largest production and features gorgeous costumes, an array of special effects, extravagant scenery and traditional carols performed to the music of the Mighty Wurlitzer organ, New England’s largest theatre pipe organ. While some of the featured actors are returning this year, the production is continually refined and revised to keep the show young and fresh. Specifically, The Hanover Theatre is seeking to cast the following roles:
- Bob Cratchit (30-35) Humble and earnest
- Young Ebenezer (20-25) Full of vigor but stubborn
- Spirt of Christmas Present (35-55) Booming voice and boisterous personality
- Ensemble roles (16-60)
- Laundress (30-45) Downtrodden and timid
- Lucy (25-35) Guest at Fred & Millie's Christmas party – playful and saucy
- Ensemble roles (16-60)
- Peter Cratchit (10-12) male
- Tiny Tim (5-7) male or female
- Martha Cratchit (14-16) female
- Belinda Cratchit (7-11) female
- Ensemble (8-14) male or female
Please note that rehearsals begin November 27 and will run Tuesdays through Fridays, 2pm-10pm as well as Saturdays and Sundays 11am-7pm. Performances run December 18-27, including morning student matinees on December 18, 21, and 22.
For more insight into Troy Siebels’ adaptation of A Christmas Carol, listen to him and Jeremy Lawrence talk about the magic of theatre and the process of bringing this timeless tale to life during a past episode of Behind the Scenes with The Hanover Theatre. You may also enjoy hearing Troy talk about what inspired him to produce this very special adaptation.
If ballet is your passion, of if you know an aspiring dancer, then make sure you call Ballet Arts Worcester at 508.791.3233 or e-mail [email protected] for an audition reservation on Saturday, September 12, to perform in The Nutcracker (generously sponsored by Commerce Bank) November 27-29 at The Hanover Theatre. Dancers should review the audition details and requirements for complete information. For tips about auditioning, listen to Jennifer Agbay talk about last year’s casting and the selection process.
- Condit: Theatre Brings TV Favorites to Life for Young Audiences
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Announces Season Full of Broadway Smash Hits
- Condit: Provocative Pink Martini Mixes with Young Professionals
- Condit: What do Wanda Sykes and my Two Best Friends Have in Common?
- Condit: Camelot: Fresh Take on King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
- Condit: Audition Notice for Role in Production of Camelot at The Hanover Theatre
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with The Hanover Theatre
- Condit: Cooperation and Good Will for a Great Cause with Dancing Pros: Live!
- Condit: Classic Fun for All, Live and In Color!
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Celebrates Its Birthday with Founders Tours
- Condit: Frank Carroll’s Mission to Help Feed the Hungry Continues
- Condit: Leadership Tips from the Improv Experts
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with Roger McGuinn
- Condit: The Words of E.L. Doctorow Live On
- Condit: Passion, Love and Abundance with Deepak Chopra, MD
- Condit: John Mulaney at the Hanover Theatre
- Condit: Membership Month at the Hanover Theatre
- Condit: Dave Chappelle Live In Concert
- Condit: Pressure, Preparation, and Positivity as Ingredients for Success
- Condit: Plan Ahead for Family Bonding
- Condit: History Comes Alive Through Theatre Tales and Tours
- Condit: The Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- Condit: Have Some Fun and Share the Love!
- Condit: Q&A with The Hanover Theatre’s CEO and President
- Condit: Membership Has Its Privileges!