400 Marijuana Plants Seized at Worcester Residence
Friday, June 17, 2016
Van Truong was charged with two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, resisting arrest, manufacturing a class D substance, possession of class D substance with intent to distribute, conspiracy to violate controlled substance laws and interfering with a police officer.
Richard Marko was charged with manufacturing a class D substance, possession of a class D substance with intent to distribute and conspiracy to violate controlled substance laws.
On Thursday, June 16 members of the Worcester Police Vice Squad used a search warrant to investigate 2 Westbrook Circle. The targets were Marko and Van Truong.
Officers initiated an investigation after receiving complaints at a neighborhood watch meeting and through information received from the WPD text-a-tip line.
Thursday morning at approximately 9 a.m. members of the Worcester Police Vice Squad stopped Marko while traveling in a Mercedes in the area of Fenwick Street and Richmond Avenue.
Officers then preceded to the target location to execute the search warrant. Ms. Truong answered the door but would not allow the officers in the house by pushing the door against them.
Two officers were struck by the door. Officers were able to arrest Truong.
During a search, officers located an indoor marijuana growing operating in the basement. Members of the Vice Squad removed approximately 400 marijuana plants that were in various stages of growth.
The dwelling contained lights, fertilizer, fans, electrical transformers and numerous other instruments for a marijuana growing operation including packaging material and digital scales.
Officers also removed two pounds of marijuana.
- Mass Doctors Strongly Oppose Recreational Marijuana
- Ohio Voters to Consider Legalization of Marijuana, Should MA Be Next?
- Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Traffic Stop Leads Worcester Police to Firearm Arrest
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- Worcester Police Investigating Hit & Run on Belmont Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chester Street Home
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Arrest 6 on Drug Related Charges
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help
- MA Doctors Raise Issues On Marijuana, Liquid Nicotine, & Military Service of Transgender
- Angiulo: SJC Says Marijuana Cultivation Alone is Not Proof of Crime
- The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
- NEW: Governor Baker Approves Sale of Medical Marijuana in MA
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Marijuana Dispensaries in MA
- Angiulo: The Trouble With Almost Legal Marijuana
- MA Medical Marijuana Delays/Missteps Continue to Outrage Advocates
- Worcester City Officials Clueless About Synthetic Marijuana Issues
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Blast Gov. Patrick for Dispensary Delays
- Legalized Marijuana Could Net Massachusetts $81.5 Million Per Year
- MA Marijuana Dispensaries Raise State Millions, Remain Unopened
- Worcester Marijuana Dispensary Hits Snag: What’s Next?
- Angiulo: Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Stops and the Odor of Marijuana Continued
- Worcester Has Agreement with Marijuana Dispensary - A Look at the People Behind the Company
- What’s the Status of Medical Marijuana in Central MA
- Worcester’s Augustus Signs Up Second Medical Marijuana Facility
- Fatal Crashes Involving Recent Marijuana Users Double in Washington
- Report Claims Legalized Marijuana is Proving to Have Negative Consequences
- REPORT: Patriots Jones Had Bad Reaction to Synthetic Marijuana
- Oregon Approves Home Delivery of Marijuana
- Doctors Say Marijuana Smoke Carries “Many of the Same Toxins as Tobacco”