Worcester Man Arrested for Illegal Gun Possession
Monday, February 11, 2019
Marcelle Garrett-May, 27, is charged with carrying a loaded firearm without a license, possession of ammunition without an FID card, use of a firearm in a felony, possession of a class B substance with intent to distribute and resisting arrest.
On February 7 at about 3:25 p.m., two Worcester Police Officers were working a paid detail in the area of Pleasant and Hawley St. One of the officers saw Garrett-May of 18 Pleasant St, whom he knew from previous interactions, walking on foot. The officer saw the outline of what appeared to be a gun in one of Garrett-May’s pocket.
He knew from previous interactions that Garrett-May did not have a license to carry firearms.
Both officers walked over to Garrett-May, who began running down Piedmont St away from the officers. The officers ran after him, and observed Garrett-May throw an object down a sewer basin by the side of the road. The officers continued chasing him on to Larch St, and Garrett-May threw a smaller object on the side of the road.
Eventually, officers caught up with him and were able to place him under arrest. Officers determined that the small item thrown on the side of the road appeared to be a bag of several individual crack cocaine rocks.
Police worked with DPW employees to search the sewer basin, where they discovered a loaded, black handgun.
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- NEW: Rosie O’Donnell Reportedly Engaged to Worcester Police Girlfriend
- Worcester Police Investigate Suspicious Device on Dorchester Street
- Worcester Police Offer Halloween Safety Tips
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Everard Street Home Invasion
- Worcester Police Investigating Break-in at Vernon Park’s Little League Field Houses
- Worcester Police Investigating Unattended Death of Woman at Salvation Army
- Worcester Police Captain McKiernan Graduates FBI National Academy
- Worcester Police Dept. to Swear In 7 New Officers