Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
Friday, June 15, 2018
The suspect, Brandon Carrion, 19, was eventually arrested and charged with operating with a suspended license, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, and assault and battery on a police officer.
On June 12 at about 1:15 p.m., a Worcester Police Officer was on patrol in the downtown area. While in the area of Green St, the officer saw a brown Ford Escape stopped at the red light under the Green St bridge. The officer recognized the driver of the Ford, Carrion, of 25 Hooper St, and knew that Carrion did not have a valid driver’s license. The officer activated his emergency lights and attempted to conduct a motor vehicle stop on Church St.
As the officer approached the driver’s side of the car, he saw Carrion reach across the passenger’s side. Carrion climbed out of the passenger’s side window and began to run away. The officer gave him multiple commands to stop, and chased him. He caught up to Carrion, who was pulling away and trying to escape, and was able to take him to the ground.
While on the ground, Carrion grabbed the officer’s right forearm and bit it with so much force that the teeth broke the skin. As the officer pulled his arm out of Carrion’s mouth, Carrion was able to get up and continued running towards Front St.
Carrion was eventually apprehended by an officer working a detail at Union Station on the second floor of the Union Station parking garage.
The officer was transported to the hospital.
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony