Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
Wednesday, November 01, 2017
The suspect was described as a white man, approximately 5’9” tall, medium build, blue eyes, wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.
The man was armed with a hypodermic needle.
The investigation is ongoing.
On Monday, October 30, at approximately 10:54 a.m., Worcester police responded to 68 Stafford Street, Sally Beauty Supply, for a reported armed robbery. Upon the officers arrival they met with the clerk. According to the clerk, she was working in one of the isles when a man entered the store and approached the counter. The clerk walked behind the counter and asked the man if he could be helped. The man stated that he was interested in a particular item. The clerk went to the item requested and the man followed her. At this time the man produced a hypodermic needle and demanded cash from the register. The man threatened to poke her with the needle if she didn’t comply.
The man took the cash and fled towards Stafford Street.
Several officers responded to the scene and searched the area for the suspect. The extensive search eventually produced negative results.
The clerk was not harmed but shaken. Worcester EMS arrived and transported the victim to the hospital as a precautionary measure. The clerk was subsequently released from the hospital after being looked at by medical personnel.
WPD investigators and members of the Crime Scene Unit arrived and interviewed witnesses and processed evidence.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation is ongoing, if anyone has information about this incident they can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here. Calls can also be made to the Worcester Police Detective Bureau at (508) 799-8651.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety