Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
Friday, May 26, 2017
According to police, the robbery took place on Wednesday, May 24 at 9:40 p.m.
The suspect was described as a white man, approximately 6’-0” tall, mid 20’s and wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt.
No injuries were reported.
On Wednesday, May 24, at approximately 9:40 p.m., Worcester Police responded to the Walgreens on 220 Grafton Street for a report of an armed robbery.
Upon the officer's arrival, they met with store employees. According to one of the clerks, a man entered the store and approached the counter. The clerk had the cash register door open after just completing a transaction. The suspect ordered him not to close the drawer.
The clerk closed the drawer.
At this time the suspect showed a handgun in his waistband and ordered the clerk to open the register drawer. The suspect took an undisclosed amount of money and left the store in an unknown direction.
Several police units responded to the area and began to search the neighborhood. WPD detectives arrived along with members of the Crime Scene Unit.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation is ongoing.
Police are asking anyone who has information about this incident they can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery