Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
Saturday, February 10, 2018
Melissa Cain, 24, was charged with Operating a Motor Vehicle Negligently so as to Endanger and Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Drugs.
After treatment she was released to police custody and transported to police headquarters for processing.
Cain will be arraigned at the Worcester County District Courthouse on Monday, February 12, 2018.
On Friday, February 9, at approximately 2:12 p.m., Two Worcester Police officers in separate fully marked police cruisers responded to a disturbance call at 531 Main Street. When the officers arrived they both parked their cruisers in front of 524 Main Street which is near Chatham Street. Both cruisers were parked facing south.
The officers had just entered the building when someone notified them that a car had just crashed into one of the cruisers. The officers looked outside and observed a blue Ford Escape smashed head on into the driver’s door of one of the cruisers. It appears that the operator was unconscious behind the wheel of the Ford.
The officers rushed towards the Ford and observed a young female operator that was slumped over in the driver’s seat. All the doors were locked. Officers tried knocking on the windows to wake the driver but were unsuccessful. One of the officers had to smash out one the rear door window in order to gain entry.
Once inside the car the officer observed several hypodermic needles throughout the interior. Believing that the driver was suffering from an apparent heroin overdose she was administered several dosses of Narcan.
It appeared that the driver was operating the Ford on Federal Street when she passed out behind the wheel and traveled across all lanes of Main Street before smashing into the parked cruiser.
The driver regained consciousness at the scene and transported to a local hospital for observation by Worcester EMS.
The driver, identified as Cain was placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens