Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
Tuesday, November 07, 2017
Wilfredo Crespo Morales was arrested and charged with Shoplifting over $100.00, Attempting to Disarm a Police Officer, Assault and Battery on a Police Officer, Assault and Battery Dangerous Weapon (to wit door), Assault and Battery, Resisting Arrest, Disorderly Conduct, Disturbing the Peace, and Defacement of Property.
On November 6, a Worcester Police Officer was working a paid detail at Wal-Mart in 25 Tobias Boland Way. At about 10 a.m., the officer saw a man, later identified as Wilfredo Crespo Morales, conceal several electronic items as he walked out of the store. The officer confronted Morales at the door, and said that he needed to come into the Wal-Mart loss prevention office. At this point, Morales refused and tried to flee. The officer grabbed Morales by the arm, and Morales began struggling and trying to pull away.
As the officer grappled with Morales, he broadcast over the radio that he needed assistance at Wal-Mart. Morales was now aggressively trying to throw the officer on the ground and shove him away. The officer took out his department-issued OC spray and tried to deliver a one-second burst of spray to Morales.
Morales knocked the officer off-balance and took away his OC spray. At this point, Morales tried to spray the officer in the eyes, and instead struck him on top of his head. The officer was able to knock the spray to the ground and they continued to struggle. A bystander took the spray from the floor and kept it away from Morales for the duration of the conflict.
At this point, the officer was asking Wal-Mart staff and bystanders for help. A Wal-Mart staff member helped the officer control Morales, who fell into an exit door, which was knocked off the hinges. At this point, other officers arrived and Morales was placed in handcuffs.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply