Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Yemdy Marte, 24, was charged with Armed Robbery and Misleading a Police Investigation.
There is a warrant out for the arrest of the second suspect.
On Sunday, November 26, at approximately 3:45 p.m., Worcester Police responded to 150 Belmont Street for a report of an armed robbery. Upon the officers arrival they met with a 44-year-old male victim. According to the victim, he had posted an ad to sell an Xbox on the phone App called “Offer Up”. The victim made arrangements to meet with a man at 150 Belmont Street.
The victim arrived at the address and texted the person that he was to meet through the Offer Up App. A short time later, a Man exited the front door to the address. The man, later identified as Yemdy Marte, 24, of 150 Belmont Street, acknowledge the victim and then pointed to another male that was positioned across the street. The man across the street approached Marte and began to have a conversation. The second man then approached the victim and started to talk about the Xbox. At one point in the conversation the second man snatched the Xbox from the victim’s hands. The victim attempted to resist but the second man placed one of hands in his sweatshirt pocket and made a gesture that he had a weapon. The victim feared for his safety and let the suspect run off.
As the victim was talking with police in front of 150 Belmont Street, a man was seen walking towards the address coming from Eastern Avenue. The man was Marte. The victim pointed Marte out to the officers and said that he was the person that had agreed to meet up with him on the App. At this time the officers detained Marte for questioning. Marte provided misleading information to the officers.
During the investigation officers were able to make an identification of the second suspect.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun