Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
This investigation remains active, to date, there have been no citations issued, however, that may change as the investigation moves forward.
On Friday, May 11, at approximately 10:51 a.m., Worcester Police responded to a motorcycle and car accident in the area of McDonald’s restaurant. Upon the officers arrival, they saw the operator of the 2006 Honda CRF-450 X-dirt bike, a 27-year-old Leicester man, suffering from a lower leg injury.
On scene was Worcester EMS. Medical personnel stabilized the dirt bike operator prior to being transported to a nearby hospital. Also on scene was the operator of the of the 2009 Hyundai Accent that was involved in the crash. The operator is an 18-year old Worcester resident.
The preliminary investigation revealed that the operator of the Hyundai was traveling south on Mill Street with the operator of the dirt bike behind it. The operator of the Hyundai slowed to turn into McDonald’s restaurant when the operator of the dirt bike applied the brakes, skidded approximately 60 feet before colliding into the rear of the Hyundai.
The Hyundai and the dirt bike were towed from the scene. Both vehicles will receive full mechanical inspections to determine if any deficiencies may have contributed to the collision.
Recon investigators responded to the hospital and learned that the operator had suffered a broken ankle.
The dirt bike did not have a registration plate affixed to the vehicle. Investigators are not sure who owns the dirt bike at this time.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street