Worcester Police Investigate Suspicious Device on Dorchester Street
Thursday, October 18, 2018
Bomb techs secured the device and will use it as evidence during an investigation.
On Tuesday, October 16, at approximately 7:10 p.m., Worcester Police responded to a Dorchester Street address for a report of a suspicious package. Upon the officers arrival they met with the 60-year-old man that had called police.
According to the man, he was removing trash from his bin to bring to the curb for tomorrow’s pickup when he noticed a portable propane tank at the bottom of the bin. The man noticed that there were two devices attached to the tank. He removed the tank from his bin and placed it on the ground. The man stated that after he observed the device outside of the bin he decided to contacted police.
Officers at the scene believed that the device was a potential threat and contacted the Massachusetts Bomb Squad. Bomb techs arrived and rendered it safe.
Worcester Police detectives and members of the Crime Scene Unit arrived and took over the investigation.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation remains active.
Police are asking anyone who has information about this incident to send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web-based message here.
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- NEW: Rosie O’Donnell Reportedly Engaged to Worcester Police Girlfriend