Senator Warren Sends Blistering Letter to Trump’s Transition Team
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
READ THE FULL LETTER BELOW
Warren wrote, "Based on public reports, your transition team and your potential cabinet include over twenty Wall Street elites, industry insiders, and lobbyists making decisions that could have huge implications for their clients or employers. They include, among many others, a former Goldman Sachs executive who is rumored to be a Treasury Secretary pick; a paid consultant for Verizon who is making key decisions on your administration's Federal Communication Commission; a 'top lobbyist' whose firm lobbied on behalf of issues related to the Trans-Pacific Partnership who is shaping your Labor Department; and a climate-change-denying, oil industry-paid think tank fellow who is leading your environmental team's transition."
She continued, "You made numerous promises to the American people in your election campaign, none bigger than the promise to ‘drain the swamp' of Washington D.C. special interests rigged against the middle class. The decisions you make with your transition team will shape the next four years of this nation. They will also reflect the strength of your character and your ability to truly lead--not just follow the marching orders of the special interests and Wall Street bankers you purportedly oppose."
Senator Warren called on President-Elect Trump to remove the lobbyists and special interest insiders from his transition team and replace them with advisors who will fight for the interests of the American people. She stated, "Let me be clear. Should you refuse, I will oppose you, every step of the way, for the next four years. I will champion the millions of Americans you will fail to protect. I will track your every move, and I will remind Americans, every day, of the actions you take that fail them. And I will not be the only one watching. The millions of Americans who voted for you - and the millions who didn't - will all be watching you."
The senator's letter details the ties to special interests of more than 20 members of President-Elect Trump's transition team.
Senator Warren’s Blistering Letter to Trump
- Sen. Warren Praises Merrick Garland, Looks Forward to Voting
- Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
- Senator Warren Ducks Nearly All Political Questions in National TV Interview
- Sen. Warren Calls on SEC to Investigate Financial Service Providers
- Sen. Warren Questions Ex Fed Regulator Played Role in ‘08 Financial Crisis
- Shrewsbury’s Warren Ferguson Named Community Clinician of Year
- Fecteau: Trump’s Taxes
- Horowitz: Trump’s Post-Debate Meltdown Reveals His Character
- Fecteau: Trump’s Reckoning
- Brady Ends Press Conference Abruptly When Asked About Trump’s “Locker Room Talk”
- Trump’s Financials – An Overview
- Trump vs. Clinton: Experts on Who Won, Who Lost
- Trump Believes Obama Was Born in U.S.
- Finneran: Clinton V. Trump, A Debate Preview
- First Presidential Debate Between Trump & Clinton Set for Monday
- Horowitz: Clinton Soundly Defeats Trump in First Debate
- Donald Trump Elected President of the United States
- DC Consultant’s Post About Trump’s Win Goes Viral
- Fecteau: Trump As President
- Trump Names Priebus Chief of Staff, Bannon Chief Strategist
- Trump Reads Letter From Belichick, Says Brady Voted for Him
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Donald Trump’s Emails and Pearl Harbor
- Finneran: Trump As Symptom
- New Poll: Millennials Would Rather Have Meteor Strike Than Vote for Trump or Clinton
- Finneran: Notwithstanding Trump V. Clinton
- Horowitz: Trump’s Election Is Rigged Gambit Backfires
- Horowitz: The Trump Victory
- Warren - Constitution Threatened if Obama Doesn’t Nominate New Justice
- Can a Biden-Warren Ticket Win in Massachusetts?
- Washington Post Gives Elizabeth Warren a Pinocchio Award of 2015
- Sen. Warren Among Group Asking DEA to Clarify “Partial Fill” Policy
- Warren Speaks on Rigged Justice System & Rejecting GOP Proposals
- Warren, Brown Ask Treasury to Investigate Involvement of U.S. Entities With Panama Based Law Firm
- Oregon’s Merkley is 1st Senator to Endorse Bernie Sanders - Where is Sen. Warren?
- Warren, Markey & other Senators Express Serious Concerns About Mylan’s Price Hike on EpiPens
- Sen. Warren & Others Urge U.S. Dept. of Education to Reform Federal Student Loan Servicing
- Sen. Warren to Wells Fargo CEO Stumpf “You Should Resign”
- Tom Petty Biographer Warren Zanes to Host Talk at Clark University
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Trump and Clinton, Raimondo’s CA Developer, and Warren’s Greatness
- Warren for VP? Clinton Beware as Massachusetts is Presidential Ticket Loser Land
- Clinton’s Wall Street Donors Are Blocking Warren for Vice President
- Senator Warren Meets with Obama’s Supreme Court Nominee Merrick Garland
- Warren Sees 54 Economists & Professors Support her Tax Legislation
- Cong McGovern and Sen Warren Praise Collapse of Kinder Morgan’s Pipeline Plan
- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren to Endorse Hillary Clinton
- Sen. Warren Addresses Election of Donald Trump to AFL-CIO