15-Year-Old Boy on Bike in Critical Condition After Colliding With Car
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
This investigation is ongoing, to date there have been no citations issued.
On Sunday, October 15, at approximately 2:05 p.m., Worcester Police responded to Millbury Street by Harlem Street for a report of a car and bicycle accident. Arriving officers observed a 15-year-old boy suffering from a serious head injury. Due to the serious nature of this incident officers at the scene called in members of the WPD Crash Reconstruction Unit.
The preliminary investigation shows that a 2016 Buick Encore was traveling north on Millbury Street while the 15-year-old bicyclist was traveling west on Harlem Street. The 15-year-old was traveling next to his friend on a separate bike. The victim lost control as he approached Millbury Street and fell off the bike just as the Buick was traveling past Harlem Street. The victim hit the rear tire of the Buick.
Worcester EMS was called to the scene and provided emergency care to the victim prior to being transported to a local hospital as a priority one patient. A Recon investigator went to the hospital and was told the victim is currently in critical condition and was being rushed into emergency surgery.
As part of the investigation, Recon officers will be performing a mechanical inspection of the Buick. Officers also interviewed witnesses and processed the accident scene for evidence.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award