3 New York Men Arrested in Worcester With 800 Grams of Heroin
Wednesday, September 06, 2017
Jason Paulino, 23, and Alexis Valerio, 26, were both charged with trafficking in Heroin Greater than 200 grams and Conspiracy to Violate the Controlled Substance Laws.
Polio Taveras, 20, was charged with Possession of Ammunition without a FID Card and Possession of Class A Substance with the Intent to Distribute.
On Monday, September 4 members of the WPD Vice Squad were in possession of two search warrants. The addresses listed in the warrants were for 33 Marsh Avenue, apartment #2 and 503 Plantation Street, the Marriot Residence Inn, Room 105. The search warrants were the result of a lengthy investigation conducted by members of the vice squad.
At approximately 5:30 p.m., members of the vice squad had set up surveillance for both locations. At this time, a man identified as Taveras of the Bronx, NY, was seen exiting the Marsh Avenue address. Taveras entered a black Mercedes and drove off. Some members of the surveillance team broke off and attempted to follow the Mercedes but eventually lost contact with it in traffic.
Officers decided to execute both warrants simultaneously. Inside the Plantation Street location police located two men. The first man was identified as Paulino of Brooklyn, NY, and the second man was identified as Valerio of the Bronx, NY.
A search of the room that the men were in produced 500 knotted bags of heroin. The heroin was in plain view on a table. Vice officers also discovered several large chunks of heroin and a large amount of packaging materials, a digital scale and over $4,000 in cash.
The search of the Marsh Avenue location produced two boxes of ammunition and $2,665 in cash. Officers did not locate anyone inside the Marsh Avenue address. A short while afterwards the vice officers looking for the Mercedes did locate the car in the area of Chandler Street and Queen Streets. Officers stopped the Mercedes. A search of Taveras produced 15 knotted bags of heroin and $492 in cash.
Taveras was placed under arrest.
During the investigation and subsequent evidence discovered during the search of the two properties, vice officers obtained sufficient information to support a third search warrant for 50 Franklin Street, apartment #214. The warrant was granted later in the evening.
At approximately 10:00 p.m., members of the vice squad entered the Franklin Street apartment. No persons were located inside. The search produced a large chunk of heroin that weighed approximately 250 grams. Officers also located a large quantity of individually knotted bags of heroin along with materials used in the processing, weighing and distribution of heroin.
In total, approximately 800 grams of heroin was recovered.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award