Four Arrested for Cocaine Distribution in Worcester
Saturday, July 15, 2017
The arrests came as police were conducting surveillance in the area.
The seller, Raphael Miranda, 41, of Queen Street, was arrested and charged with with Distribution of Cocaine (2nd or Subsequent), Drug Violation within 100 Feet of a Park, and Drug Violation within 1000 feet of a school.
On July 14, at approximately 8:20 a.m., members of the WPD Neighborhood Response Team were conducting surveillance in the area of Ethan Allen St and Murray Ave in response to repeated complaints about quality of life issues.
Officers in plain clothes and unmarked cruisers saw a man, Miranda, who they knew to be involved in illegal drug trafficking in the neighborhood, standing on a corner on Ethan Allen St. They observed three individuals, later identified as Alston Alexander, thirty-seven-years-old of 25 Queen St, Eric Casson, thirty-years-old of Gardner, MA, and Mandy McAllunas, twenty-eight-years-old of Shrewsbury, across the street from Mr. Miranda. The officers observed McAllunas begin to gather paper currency from Mr. Casson and Alexander. She approached Miranda and handed him the money.
Officers saw Miranda remove a plastic sandwich bag from his mid-section and begin breaking pieces off a large light-colored object. He placed the broken pieces in the left palm of McAllunas.
Officers saw McAllunas cross the street, open her palm, and hand pieces to Alexander and Casson. Officers followed the trio to 22 Ethan Allen St, which is marked “No Trespassing.”
The three were preparing to smoke the crack-cocaine they had just purchased when officers showed themselves and placed them all under arrest. Alexander was charged with Trespass and Possession of a Class B Substance, Casson was charged with Trespass and an outstanding warrant, and McAllunas was charged with Trespass and Distribution of a Class B Substance.
After arresting the three buyers, officers located Miranda on a bicycle entering the Compare Foods lot from Murray Ave. They placed him in handcuffs and charged him with Distribution of Cocaine (2nd or Subsequent), Drug Violation within 100 Feet of a Park, and Drug Violation within 1000 feet of a school.
All of them will be arraigned in Worcester District Court.
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe