Four Arrested for Heroin Possession in Worcester
Saturday, June 09, 2018
The four people arrested were Julia Herne, Justin Leone, Shane Ahlman, and Wayne Bedard.
On June 6, members of the Worcester Police Vice Squad were conducting surveillance at the Webster Square Plaza, 68 Stafford Street.
At approximately 7:50 PM, undercover officers observed a female, later identified as Herne, 43, of 16 June Street, Walpole, MA, exit a red Ford Focus and walked over to a small silver car and enter the front passenger side.
After approximately one minute Herne got out of the vehicle and walked back to the red car. Immediately after Herne exited the small silver vehicle, a male, later identified as Ahlman, 39, of 11 Riverview Street, Hudson, MA, was seen getting into the same vehicle’s front passenger seat.
Ahlman was in the small silver car for less than one minute before he got back out and walked towards a blue Subaru.
Officers believed that they had just saw two street-level drug transactions take place in front of them. Several of the vice officers split up to stop the red Ford Focus and the blue Subaru.
The Ford Focus was stopped. The driver was Herne. Herne was found to be in possession of one knotted bag of Heroin. A passenger in the Ford was identified as Bedard, 51, of 25 Barrows Road, Worcester. Bedard also possessed a knotted bag of heroin. Both were placed under arrest and charged with Possession of Class A Substance.
Other members of the vice squad stopped the blue Subaru.
The driver was identified as Leone, 24, of 495 Hudson Road, Sudbury, MA. Officers observed two opened plastic baggies on the driver’s seat along with a loaded needle which he attempted to hide between the driver’s seat and the console. The two plastic baggies contained heroin and cocaine.
The passenger, Ahlman, was removed from the vehicle. A loaded needle and a plastic baggie that contained heroin were found on the passenger floor by his feet. Both men were placed under arrest and charged with Possession of Class A Substance and Possession of Class B Substance.
Vice officers will continue to conduct surveillance in the area and attempt to identify the individual in the small silver car.
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony