Holden Man Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder of Brother
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Michael Dowjat, 68, will serve life in prison after a jury found him guilty last month of second-degree murder of his brother in 2014, according to Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early, Jr.
Dowjat will be eligible for parole in 15 years.
The dismembered body of David Alan, 59, was found at his home on East County Road in Rutland on June 14, 2014.
Dowjat was charged with murder and later indicted by a Worcester County Grand Jury.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply