Man Arrested in Worcester for Possession of Cocaine
Friday, August 11, 2017
Kevin Rodriguez, 24, was charged with Possession of a Class B Substance with Intent to Distribute.
Rodriguez gave a fake Social Security number during booking, and is charged additionally with Furnishing a False Name/SSN After Arrest.
The owner of the car was cited for allowing an improper operator to drive the car.
On Wednesday, August at about 2 a.m., a Worcester Police officer was on patrol in the area of 950 Main St when he saw a car behind him traveling with its front right headlight out. The officer activated his emergency lights and stopped the car in front of 950 Main St, more than 12 inches from the curb. After approaching the driver, later identified as Rodriguez, and running his license through CJIS, the officer determined that Rodriguez had a suspended driver’s license. Two additional officers arrived to assist.
Rodriguez was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license. The officer determined that the car would be towed because it was illegally parked, and conducted an inventory of the car. In the center console, officers found a large bag containing a white powder believed to be cocaine. They discovered five iPhones and approximately $6600 in cash. Due to the amount and accessible location of the cocaine, the amount of cash, and the multiple phones, Rodriguez
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award