Worcester Man Arrested After Breaking Into Former Takara Building
Saturday, August 05, 2017
Jimmy Kang, 41, charged B&E Nighttime for a Felony, Defacement of Property, Possession of a Firearm without an FID card, Possession of Ammunition without an FID card, Aggravated Burglary, Improper Storage of a Firearm, Possession of a Firearm while Committing a Felony, Unlawfully Carrying a Loaded Firearm, and Possession of an Open Container of Alcohol.
On Friday August 4, at about 1:40 a.m., Worcester police were sent to the area of 10 Millbury St for a report of a man trying to kick the door in at the business formerly known as “Takara.” Upon arrival, officers saw that both the side and back door of 10 Millbury St had fresh wood damage to the frame and around the locking mechanisms. The callers flagged down the officers and said that the suspect was in a black Mercedes on Harding St. The officer saw the suspect in the car, and stopped the Mercedes on Harding St.
The man, later identified as Jimmy Kang, 41, of 12 Flagg St, tried to get out of the car as the officer approached. The officer told him to show his hands and stay in the car. The officer noticed an open bottle of Heineken beer in the driver’s side door, and placed Kang in handcuffs. A search incident to arrest revealed two unspent .45 caliber ammunition cartridges in Kang’s front pocket. Officers checked the immediate area for a firearm, and located a handgun in a fenced-in area near the damaged doorway of 10 Millbury St.
Kang does not have a license to carry firearms.
Kang was placed under arrest.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award