Worcester Man Arrested After Breaking Into PA Cleaners
Friday, October 13, 2017
Azaraih Ndagigimana, 21, was charged with B&E At Night for a Felony, Larceny from a Building, Possession of Burglarious Instruments, Resisting Arrest, and Vandalism.
On Wednesday, October 11 at about 1:15 a.m., Worcester Police were sent to PA Cleaners on Millbrook St for a report of a commercial break in progress. Upon arrival, officers saw that the lower part of the front door was broken, and that there was some blood in the area. Officers saw a man inside the business, and set up a perimeter around it to keep him from escaping. Officers commanded whoever was inside the business to come out with his hands up.
A man, later identified as Ndagigimana, ran out of the business and tried to run past officers. An officer was able to grab him as he attempted to escape, and then Ndagigimana was rapidly moving his body back and forth in an attempt to get away from the officer.
Ndagigimana also kept reaching into his sweatshirt pocket and refused the officer’s commands to show his hands. Eventually, officers were able to take him to the ground and place him under arrest. A search incident to arrest revealed that Ndagigimana had a pair of scissors, a box cutter, a screwdriver, and a backpack full of other items.
Officers were able to view video surveillance, which showed Ndagigimana breaking into the business.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award