Worcester Man Arrested Following Fight on Chandler Street
Thursday, October 05, 2017
Jonathan Vazquez-Rodriguez, 32, of Worcester, was arrested for trespassing.
The investigation is ongoing.
On Tuesday, October 3 at about 9:30 p.m., Worcester police officers were flagged down in the area of 91 Murray Ave for a report of a fight. When the officers arrived, the group had already dispersed. Officers found a knife and a shirt left behind.
As officers checked the area, they were told that there were people currently fighting down the street at 30 Chandler Ave, the BP gas station. Upon arrival, police witnessed two men squaring up to each other, looking like they were about to fight. One of the men was Vazquez-Rodriguez and the other man was shirtless, had multiple slash wounds to his back, and was bleeding from the back of his head. The two were separated. Worcester EMS was called and responded to treat the victim for his injuries, which are not expected to be life-threatening.
The victim was uncooperative, and was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Vazquez-Rodriguez was known to the responding officers, and had been advised several times not to hang out on BP property, which is marked “No Trespassing,” if he was not making a purchase.
Vazquez-Rodriguez was placed under arrest.
Police Asking for Help
Police are asking anyone who has information about this incident they can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award