Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
Monday, April 23, 2018
The Celtics got 34 points from Jaylen Brown, but it was not enough as the series is now tied at two games apiece.
Celtics Rally Falls Short
Boston trailed 65-45 with 7:37 left to play in the third quarter after a Giannis Antetokounmpo running dunk.
The Celtics would then rally to take their first lead of the half with 52 seconds left on a Jayson Tatum jump shot, putting Boston up 100-99 in the game.
Boston would then Make a stop on their ensuing defensive possession with Al Horford grabbing the defensive rebound.
Horford dished a pass to Brown who raced down the court looking to score instead of pulling the ball out and ended up turning the ball over.
The Bucks would come down and retake the lead on a Malcolm Brogdon three to go up 102-100 with 34 seconds left.
Boston would tie the game at 102 on two free throws from Horford with 30 seconds left.
On the final possession, Brogdon missed a hook shot with five seconds left, but Antetokounmpo grabbed the offensive rebound and put it back in to give the Bucks a 104-102 lead.
The Celtics had a chance to tie the game, but a Marcus Morris contested jump shot missed the mark.
Game 5 Upcoming
Game five is set for Tuesday, April 24 at TD Garden.
Tip-off is set for 7 p.m.
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs
- Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
- Brown’s 30 Points Leads Celtics to 120-106 Win Over Bucks in Game 2
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row