Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
Saturday, August 26, 2017
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Cavaliers are uncertain about Thomas’ injured hip following his physical exam in Cleveland on Friday.
Cleveland is still evaluating the medical information and has not made a final decision yet.
Thomas suffered a hip injury in the playoffs last season, forcing him to miss the rest of the Eastern Conference finals.
He has been rehabilitating it since his season ended.
If Cleveland chooses to void the trade completely, the Celtics would get Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and the Nets 2018 first round pick back. Cleveland would get Irving back.
The Cavaliers could also ask the Celtics to add to the trade, for example, add a draft pick or another player.
Irving is scheduled to take his physical with the Celtics on Saturday.
Sources: After Isaiah Thomas underwent physical today, Cavs still evaluating injured hip and weighing options w/ completion of Irving deal.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 26, 2017
Thomas traveled to Cleveland, took exam and flew back out of town, sources said. All players must pass physical, or a deal can be voided.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 26, 2017
As one source involved in the process involving Thomas' medical clearance told ESPN late Friday night, "It's a very sensitive situation."— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 26, 2017
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Celtics Knock Down 19 Threes En Route to 123-111 Game 1 Win Over Wizards
- Celtics Open 2nd Round Series Against Washington on Sunday
- Celtics Climb Back in Series With 104-87 Win Over Bulls in Game 3
- Green’s 18 Points Helps Celtics Hold Off Bulls 104-95, Tie Series at 2
- Bradley’s 24 Points Helps Celtics to 108-97 Game 5 Win Over Bulls
- Celtics Eliminate Bulls in Game 6 105-83, Advance to 2nd Round
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas