video: Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Masked Kyrie went off ��— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) November 21, 2017
47 PTS (16/22FG)
Celtics grab their 16th straight win. pic.twitter.com/QzforNp4AM
Irving's 47 points came on 16 of 22 shooting from the field and 10 of 11 from the free throw line.
"He's got every move imaginable, but on top of that, he's one of the best shooters in the league. He was pretty unbelievable," said Celtics head coach Brad Stevens after the game.
The winning streak is the fourth longest in Celtics history
Celtics Rally to Win
Trailing by as many as 13 points, 87-74, in the fourth quarter the Celtics closed the quarter on a 17-7 run to tie the game at 96 and force overtime.
Bost tied the game after Irving stole the ball from Dirk Nowitzki and found Jayson Tatum for a layup that dropped in after hanging on the rim for nearly a full second.
In the OT period, Irving would score the first six points for the Celtics, before Jayln Brown put the Celtics up 104-102 in the period with a jumper with 1:39 to go.
Irving then added a layup over Dallas’ Yogi Ferrell to give Boston a 106-102 lead with 48.5 seconds left.
Jayson Tatum and Irving would add two free throws each to seal the win.
The Celtics will return to action on Wednesday, November 22 when they visit the Miami Heat.
Boston beat Miami back on October 28 for win number four of this streak.
Game time is set for 7:30 p.m.
Wow @KyrieIrving is something special! These close games are stressing me out though...on to the next— Gordon Hayward (@gordonhayward) November 21, 2017
Jayson Tatum was rebounding like he was 8 feet tall during that Celtics comeback over the Mavs.— Kevin O'Connor (@KevinOConnorNBA) November 21, 2017
And Kyrie Irving with some MVP level stuff. What a fun game.
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Thomas’ 53 Points Leads Celtics to 129-119 Overtime Win Over Wizards in Game 2
- Brawl in Celtics Game
- Celtics Give up 26 Straight Points En Route to 121-102 Game 4 Loss to Wizards
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Celtics Blown Out by Wizards 116-89 in Game 3
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89