Celtics Win Game 1 Over Bucks, 113-107 in Overtime
Monday, April 16, 2018
It is the Celtics first game one victory since 2011, when they beat the New York Knicks.
Boston leads the series 1-0.
Celtics Edge Bucks in OT
In the overtime period, the Celtics would take a 106-105 lead on a free throw from Al Horford with 2:10 to play.
Jayson Tatum would extend the Celtics lead to three, 108-105, on a layup with 53 seconds left to play.
The Celtics would convert free throws in the final seconds to hold on for the win 113-107.
Tatum scored 19 points in his first career playoff game, while Horford led the Celtics with 24 points
End of Regulation Heroics
With the game tied at 96, Boston’s Terry Rozier knocked down a three with one second left to put the Celtics up 99-96 with one second to play.
However, the Bucks would have heroics of their own.
With .5 seconds left, Milwaukee’s Khris Middleton converted a game-tying three from nearly half court to tie the game at 99, sending the game to overtime.
Bucks Storm Back
After leading by as much as nine points with 4:44 left to play in the game, the Celtics saw their lead cut to two, 86-84, with 2:39 to play in the game following a layup by Milwaukee star Giannis Antetokounmpo.
On Boston’s ensuing possession, Rozier knocked down a three from 29-feet out to extend Boston’s lead to 89-84.
After the Bucks again cut it to two, 89-87, it was Marcus Morris who knocked down a jump shot with the shot clock winding down to push the Celtics lead back to 91-87 with 1:47 to play.
Antetokounmpo would knock down two free throws to cut the Celtics lead to 91-89, before Horford would extend the lead to 92-89 with 56 seconds left.
With 25 seconds left, the Bucks would close to within one, 94-93, before Horford would extend the Celtics lead to three on the free throw line.
However, Milwaukee’s Malcolm Brogdon would tie the game at 96 with a three with 11 seconds to play setting up end of regulation heroics.
Game Two Upcoming
Game two is set for Tuesday, April 17 at the TD Garden.
Game time is set for 8 p.m.
- Celtics’ Thomas Out for Remainder of Playoffs
- Celtics Can’t Hold 16 Point Lead, Fall 112-99 To Cleveland in Game 4
- Celtics Eliminated From Playoffs Following Game 5 Loss to Cleveland
- Celtics Trade #1 Pick to Philadelphia for #3 Pick in NBA Draft
- Thomas Injured, Cavaliers Hand Celtics Worst Home Playoff Loss in Team History
- Slow Start Leads Celtics to 117-104 Loss to Cleveland in Game 1
- Bradley’s 29 Points Leads Celtics to Blow Out Win in Game 5 Over Wizards
- Bradley’s Three Lifts Celtics Over Cleveland 111-108 in Game 3
- Wall’s Three in Final Seconds Sinks Celtics 92-91 in Game 6, Game 7 Set for Monday
- Olynyk’s 26 Points Helps Celtics to 115-105 Game 7 Win Over Washington
- Celtics Set to Open Eastern Conference Finals Against Cleveland Wednesday Night
- Celtics Select Duke’s Tatum With #3 Overall Pick in NBA Draft
- ESPN Reports Hayward Signing with Celtics
- Brown, Tatum Lead Celtics Past Knicks 110-89
- Celtics’ Hayward Has Surgery, Likely Out for Season
- Irving’s 47 Leads Celtics Rally Past Mavs 110-102 in OT - 16 Wins in a Row
- 16 Winning Streak Over, Celtics Fall to Miami 104-98
- NABLEO Blasts Boston Police for Tweet Honoring Celtics’ Auerbach During Black History Month
- UPDATED: Celtics Hayward Suffers Gruesome Injury in Season Opener
- Celtics Fall to Cleveland 102-99 in Season Opener
- Celtics Trade Bradley to Pistons for Marcus Morris
- Celtics Acquire Kyrie Irving in Trade With Cleveland Involving Isaiah Thomas
- Cleveland May Try to Void Trade With Celtics Following Thomas’ Physical
- Celtics Send 2020 2nd Round Pick to Cleveland to Seal Irving Trade
- Celtics’ Irving to Miss Remainder of Season, Playoffs