16-Year-Old & Two Others Arrested on Gun Charges in Worcester
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
The 16-year-old is charged with carrying a loaded firearm without a license, and possession of ammunition without an FID card.
Dobbie Wilson, 24, is charged with carrying a dangerous weapon.
Angel Otana, 19, is charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, and was also brought in for his outstanding warrants.
On Saturday, June 16, a Worcester Police officer was working a paid detail at the Plumley Village Housing Complex. At about 10 p.m., the officer observed a Toyota Rav 4 speeding down Laurel St toward Summer St. The officer ran the car’s license plate through CJIS, and saw that the registration was expired.
The officer activated his lights and siren to stop the vehicle, which drove into the Prime Gas Station on Summer St. before stopping. Two men immediately jumped out of the car, and one started yelling that the officer could not search him. The officer saw that there were five men in the car, and asked them to get back in while he waited for backup.
The men appeared to be nervous and were not listening to the officer’s commands.
As more officers started to arrive, the officer approached the car and removed the two men. A pat frisk of a 16-year-old Worcester resident for weapons revealed a loaded handgun in his waistband. A pat frisk of the other man, Wilson of 273 Mower St, revealed an illegal, spring-loaded switchblade knife. Both of these males were placed under arrest.
The driver of the car initially gave police a false name. After a period of time, it was discovered that he was Otana. Otana had outstanding warrants and did not have a valid driver’s license.
He was placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest