Holden Man Found Guilty of Murdering Brother
Saturday, April 07, 2018
“The jury did a very good job on this case. I want to thank the prosecutors, Terry McLaughlin and Lina Pashou, for their work in presenting this case. I also want to commend the Rutland police and the State Police Detectives assigned to our office for their hard work,” said Early.
The jury deliberated for 13 hours over three days before delivering the verdict on Friday.
Judge Daniel M. Wrenn scheduled sentencing for May 10. By statute, Mr. Dowjat, 68, of Holden will be sentenced to life in prison. He will be eligible for parole in 15 years.
He will be eligible for parole in 15 years.
The dismembered body of Alan was found at his home on East County Road in Rutland on June 14, 2014. Dowjat, Alan’s brother, was charged with murder and later indicted by a Worcester County Grand Jury.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser