Man Arrested After Pointing Gun at Another Man Outside a Worcester Bar
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Charles Jensen, 28, charged with Assault with a Dangerous Weapon, Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony, Possession of a Firearm without an FID Card, Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card, Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a License, Improper Storage of a Firearm, and a Firearm Violation with one violent or Drug Conviction.
No injuries were reported.
On Friday, February 9, at approximately 9:15 p.m., Worcester Police responded to Franks Bar located at 274 Shrewsbury Street for an assault that involved a handgun. Several police officers responded to the call.
Upon the officers arrival they met with a 54-year-old male victim. According to the victim, the suspect was described as a white man, with beard, approximately 25-years-old and wearing a brown carpenter coat.
The victim stated that he was drinking with the suspect inside Franks Bar prior to the assault. At one point the victim was leaving when the suspect and another unidentified man followed him out. The suspect walked towards a car and entered it for a brief moment. The suspect exited the MV and walked towards the victim. The suspect then pulled a gun out from his coat pocket and pointed it at the victim.
The victim said that the suspect racked a round in the chamber and observed the gun eject one bullet while at the same time releasing the magazine. At this point the victim realized that the weapon was real and ran off. After meeting up with the officers the victim stated that he believes that the suspect was still inside the bar.
While speaking with the victim, the suspect, later identified as Charles Jensen, 28-years-old of 54 Raymond Street, Worcester, was seen exiting the establishment. The victim pointed out the suspect to the officers. Several officers approached Mr. Jensen and secured him while the investigation at the scene continued.
A search of Jensen produced negative results. Jensen was uncooperative with the officers when asked about the allegations.
The victim pointed out the car that Jensen went into. Officers looked through the window and saw a black backpack on top of the passenger seat. The backpack was partially open and the officer could see part of a firearm holster sticking out. The vehicle belonged to the other male that walked out with Jensen. The male gave consent for the officers to search the car. The search did not produce the firearm. Officers now feared that the firearm may be hidden inside the bar. Officers and members of the Alcohol Enforcement Unit entered the bar and asked all the patrons for identification. At this time one of the patrons provided information to the officers where the firearm was hidden. The firearm was located in a purse of female patron that was not involved in the altercation.
The firearm and the ammunition were recovered and secured.
As a result of the discovery, Jensen was placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser