Man Arrested in Worcester for Possession of Drugs & a Gun
Monday, October 08, 2018
Uziel Rosado, 30, was charged with unlawfully carrying a loaded firearm, possession of ammunition without an FID card, possession of a class B substance, possession of a class E substance, possession of a class D substance with intent to distribute, speeding, failure to use turn signal, and marked lanes violation.
On the morning of October 5, 2018, at about 2:15 a.m., a Worcester Police officer was on patrol in the area of Southbridge St. The officer saw a car going extremely fast behind him. The officer pulled over to the side of the road to keep the car from striking him.
The car came to an abrupt halt and barely missed striking the officer’s vehicle. The vehicle, a white Acura, drove around the officer’s vehicle, crossing the yellow lines in the middle of the road. The officer got behind the vehicle an activated his blue lights near the intersection of Southbridge and Lafayette St.
As the officer approached the car, the driver, identified Uziel Rosado, 30, of 14 Pelham St, refused to show the officer his hands and was reaching into the center console. The officer ordered him to show his hands again, and Rosado continued to ignore the officer’s commands. The officer suspected that Rosado was reaching for a weapon, and removed him from the vehicle. Other officers arrived to assist.
A frisk of the passenger area of the vehicle revealed a loaded semiautomatic handgun in the glove compartment, approximately twenty-one separate bags of marijuana, a plastic bag containing multiple white pills which were determined to be Codeine, and Xanax.
Rosado did not have a prescription for any of these substances.
He was placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Shell Station at Knifepoint
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.