Man Shot on Dewey Street in Worcester
Thursday, May 18, 2017
The victim, 20, refused to speak with police when they met him at the hospital.
To date, there is limited information with regard to the circumstances leading up to the shooting.
The investigation is ongoing.
On Tuesday, May 16, at approximately 2:32 a.m., Worcester Police responded to a Shotspotter activation that indicated several rounds fired in the area of 115 Dewey Street. Arriving officers recovered ballistic evidence at the intersection of Dewey and Parker Streets. Officers searched the immediate area but did not locate a victim nor did they observe any property damage.
At approximately 2:56 a.m., police received a call from a local hospital emergency room stating that a man had just entered the ER suffering from a gunshot wound.
Some officers at the scene responded to the hospital while others remained and secured the area as members of the Crime Scene Unit processed evidence.
Arriving officers met with the 20-year-old victim. Officers attempted to speak with the victim but he refused to talk. The victim was then sedated by medical personnel. Officers were told that the injuries are non-life threatening and that he was considered to be in stable condition.
A friend that transported the victim to the hospital remained in the emergency room and spoke briefly with police. The vehicle that transported the victim was secured and towed to police headquarters. A warrant was obtained to search the vehicle for evidence.
Police Asking for Help
This investigation is ongoing.
Police are asking anyone who has information about this incident to send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday