Three Men Arrested for Assault Following Parking Dispute in Worcester
Tuesday, January 09, 2018
Jonathon Rivera is charged with three counts of Assault with a Dangerous Weapon (gun) and Assault and Battery (spit).
Hector Viera is charged with three counts of Assault with a Dangerous Weapon (gun).
Luis Torres is charged with Defacement of Property over $250.
On Saturday, January 6 at about 12:15 a.m., Worcester police were sent to Canton Street for a report of three men armed with firearms, who had just held a gun to the head of a victim. Several units arrived. Upon their arrival, they saw three individuals matching the description of the suspects run into 25 Canton St #2. Due to the violent, continuing nature of the call, police entered and cleared the apartment.
Police spoke with witnesses, who said that three individuals, later identified Rivera, twenty-one-years-old of 25 Canton St #2, Viera, twenty-years-old of 152 Beacon St, and Torres, thirty-five-years-old of 24 Loudon St, knocked on the door of the victims and demanded that they move their car from their street parking spot.
When the victims refused, Rivera, Viera, and Torres began shoveling snow on to the victims’ car. When the victims came outside to remove the snow, an argument ensued.
Rivera spit on one of the victims, and Rivera and Viera pulled out what appeared to be working firearms and pointed them at the heads of the victims, while threatening to shoot them. Torres smashed the victims’ car window with a baseball bat and flattened the tires. They ran away when they saw police.
Police located Rivera, Torres, and Viera in 25 Canton St #2. In the common hallway, officers located in plain view several realistic-looking paintball guns and accessories, two baseball bats, three realistic BB pistol, a realistic BB rifle, and two bags of marijuana. All three men were placed under arrest.
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.