Worcester Man Arrested After Kidnapping, Assaulting Ex-Girlfriend
Friday, April 20, 2018
The identity of the arrestee will be withheld due to the comprehensive domestic violence law that the Massachusetts state legislature passed in early August of 2014.
The law shields the names of people who are arrested and charged with domestic violence
On Tuesday, April 17 at approximately 7:40 p.m. multiple police units were sent to an apartment on Queen Street for a report of a domestic assault in progress. Officers received information that a 39-year-old Worcester man was holding his ex-girlfriend hostage at knife-point inside the kitchen of the apartment.
Dispatchers notified officers that they received an additional 9-11 call stating that the suspect possibly slashed the victim’s hand. Worcester police trained hostage negotiators were on scene and communicating with the suspect. During the negotiations, the suspect released the victim to police. Officers saw that the woman had bruises on her arms and face. She also had cuts on her arms including a stab wound to her hand. The victim was taken to a local hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
As negotiations continued, the suspect eventually surrendered and was taken into custody.
During the investigation, police learned that the incident began earlier in the day when the two parties were driving in a vehicle together. The suspect assaulted her repeatedly in the vehicle. He would not allow her to exit the vehicle and continually threatened her. The suspect began to drive erratically and hit a telephone pole. The two parties then went to the apartment on Queen Street. At the apartment, the suspect continued to punch and threaten the victim.
There were two other individuals in the apartment at the time of the incident. The two individuals pleaded with the suspect to stop. The suspect proceeded to pick up a knife and was swinging it toward the victim. The other individuals fled from the apartment while the victim was held at knife-point.
Police then arrived on scene.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser