Worcester Man Arrested for Attempting to Break Into Home on Greenbush Road
Sunday, June 17, 2018
Alex Torres, 40, was arrested and charged with breaking and entering in the daytime with the intent to commit a felony, possession of burglarious instruments, and malicious destruction of property.
On Thursday, June 14, at approximately 12:19 p.m., Worcester Police responded to a Greenbush Road home for a report of a house break in progress. Responding officers were told that a person was home and that an unknown man was banging on the windows and doors. While responding to the address, the officers were further told that the man had just left the area on a bike. The man was described as white with black hair, wearing a black hat and a grey T-shirt.
One of the officers went directly to the address while other officers stopped a man on a bike that fit the description. The man was stopped by the officers in the area of 235 Massasoit Road.
The person in the home stated that a loud knock was heard coming from the front door. The resident looked out the peephole and did not recognize the person knocking; therefore the door was not opened. At this time the male went around to the back of the house and opened the back screen door. The man then entered the rear hall and started knocking on the inside hallway rear door. At this time the resident called police.
The officer looked at the rear door and door jamb and noticed that there were fresh scratch marks. The resident stated that the marks were not there before this incident.
The resident was transported to the location where police had the male suspect stopped. The resident positively identified the male as the one observed at her home. The man was identified as Torres, 40, of 2 Doane Street, Worcester.
A search of Torres produced a large hammer, a large flathead screwdriver, and a knife. The tools were located in a backpack that he was carrying.
Torres was placed under arrest.
The homeowner arrived at the house and told the officers that the lock to the rear door was intact prior to this incident but is now damaged and inoperable.
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest