Worcester Man Charged With Vandalism Following Houghton Street Tire Slashings
Friday, May 19, 2017
The man, 31, slashed the tires of five cars on Houghton Street before leaving the scene.
Police were able to find him using a security camera from one of the victims.
On April 30, 2017, a Worcester police officer responded to Houghton Street for a report of malicious mischief. When officers arrived, they spoke with several victims that had their car tires slashed. In all, five cars had slashed tires.
The officer at the scene took all five reports and then canvassed the neighborhood to see if anyone had noticed anyone in the area during this incident. The officer was able to obtain a video of the incident from a security camera from one of the victims. The video captures the incident taking place.
The officer obtained as much information that he could and then forwarded the case to the detective bureau. A detective made follow up calls and was eventually able to identify the suspect.
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday