Worcester Woman Robbed Outside of Grafton Street Stop & Shop
Friday, December 15, 2017
The robbery led to the arrest of Anna Borukhov, 21, of Framingham. She was charged with Armed Robbery, Assault to Rob a Person 60 or Older, Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon, and Shoplifting by Asportation. In addition, she had a previous outstanding warrant.
On December 14 at about 8:15 a.m., Worcester Police were dispatched to the area of Stop and Shop on Grafton St for a report of a robbery. Upon arrival, officers spoke with the sixty-eight-year-old female victim. While shopping in the store, the victim was approached by a stranger named Anna Borukhov. Borukhov told the victim that she was in trouble and asked for money. The victim wanted to help her, and gave her cash.
As the victim left the store and went to the parking lot, Borukhov approached the victim in the parking lot and asked for a ride to Union Station. The victim agreed, and let her in the vehicle. Borukhov asked to be dropped off at a different location, and grabbed the victim’s pocketbook and tried to leave the vehicle. The victim held on to her and a brief struggle ensued. Borukhov took a snow brush from the vehicle and placed the sharp end against the victim’s throat.
The victim began honking the horn of her car to try to get someone’s attention. A male passerby saw what was happening and came to the victim’s aid. Borukhov let go of the purse and ran away, but was able to get some money from the victim. The responding officers broadcast Borukhov’s description over the radio.
Officers located Borkuhov at CVS on Grafton St, near where the robbery had occurred. Officers observed her walk out of the store without paying for anything. A search incident to arrest revealed merchandise from CVS that had not been paid for.
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.