Three Arrested for Dealing Heroin & Cocaine Inside Worcester Apartment
Saturday, July 21, 2018
Kevin Weller, 39 was charged with possession of a class A substance and possession of class B substance.
Joel Dube, 48, was charged with possession of class A substance with the intent to distribute, distribution of a class A substance, possession of a class B substance with the intent to distribute and distribution of a class B substance.
Manuel Rosario, 73, was charged with possession of a class A substance with the intent to distribute and two counts of possession of a class B substance with intent to distribute.
On Wednesday, July 18, members of the WPD Vice Squad possessed two search warrants, one for 1296 Main Street, apartment #1 and the other for a 2004 Dodge Ram pickup truck. The warrants were the result of a recent drug investigation that involved the target of the Main Street address, identified as Rosario of the Main Street address. Rosario is also the owner of the truck.
During the evening, members of the vice squad conducted surveillance of the 1296 Main Street apartment. At approximately 6:30 p.m., undercover officers observed the Dodge pickup truck stop at the Main Street apartment. The driver was later identified as Dube of 4 Doran Road, Worcester. Dube was seen exiting the truck and enter the target apartment. After a few brief minutes Dube was seen leaving the apartment and get back into the truck. The truck then drove off. Some of the undercover vice officers began to follow the truck while others remained behind and continued surveillance.
The officers followed the truck to the parking lot 500 Grafton Street (CVS). At this time the truck stopped and an unknown male entered the passenger side. That male was later identified as Weller of 16 Felton Street, Hudson. At that time the officers surrounded the truck and removed the two men from inside. Officers observed four bags of heroin in plain view on the seat of the truck. A search of Weller produced one bag of heroin and another bag of crack cocaine. A search of Dube produced $198.00 in cash, a bag of heroin and two bags of crack cocaine. Both men were placed under arrest.
At approximately 7:25 p.m., vice officers executed the search warrant for the Main Street apartment. Upon entry into the apartment the vice officers encountered a vicious pit bull dog that was running loose inside the apartment. The dog caused a slight delay in entering the apartment. At the same time the officers observed Rosario run out the rear of the apartment. Rosario ran out the back door and jumped over a neighbor’s fence in an attempt to flee. Rosario was immediately apprehended in the neighbor’s yard.
Rosario was escorted back inside of the apartment.
The search of the apartment produced 2 bags of crack cocaine, 2 bags of powdered cocaine, and a smaller bag of cocaine, a bag of heroin, $3,281 in cash, packaging materials, digital scales, a plastic container that had white powder in it, 77 Suboxone pills, 12 half pills of Suboxone, 41 blue 8mg Suboxone strips, cellphones, and a counter $100 bill.
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street